Sunday, January 07, 2007

My head hurts.

There are too many people on campus.

And Suzi is backfiring at 2500 rpm in third. I talked to the people at Howdy's, and the dude who cleaned her up said that it's normal for a bike with pods on the carbs to idle like crap. (Pods = when you take out the stock airbox and put an individual filter on each carburetor for better top-end breathing) He said pods don't allow as much fine tuning of the lower rpm range. I was reassured. Then he told me my chain was bone-dry and sold me a can of light oil and told me to make SURE I oiled the chain every 400 miles or I would ruin it.

Ran into this guy at the bank the other day who wanted to know what kind of saddlebags I was carrying. Turns out he drives a delivery van, is married and has kids, and rides an Suzuki M50 to get back and forth to work. We must have spent ten minutes talking bikes, after our respective transactions.

I tell you, it's a subculture.

No comments: