Saturday, June 14, 2008

I read stuff and find great quotes that I say to myself: "I have to post that on my blog sometime" and then I forget and don't.

Which is appropriate because no one reads this blog for quotations from books.

Although its content might be more substantial if quotations from books were its content, as opposed to filler posts like this one.

I'm still trying to figure out a good three-week adventure for a vacation this summer.  It has to be road-trip-ish.  It has to go to places far away.  It has to be fun.  It should make me a better human being and educate me on the great truths of the universe.  And so forth.

2 comments:

LiLosSoljr said...

head north though the central valley hitting the national parks sites along the way. steer clear of the really big popular ones that are going to be jam packed. read the works of john muir in the evenings. make the turn around point some where north of Vancouver, BC - talking to lots of canadians along the way... or you could do the same sort of thing going south and ride the length of mexico... that would be very educational but i don't know how... cheerful that would be... my vote would be to go north but to stay inland for the majority of the trip...

tasik said...

hey that's a great suggestion. Esp. re: John Muir. I've gone east too many times, and I don't want to get killed in a drug war going south. And west is obviously not an option.

Or maybe I'll just wait till you guys get a bike and come down there and we can do some rides :)