Thursday, November 29, 2007

so the GS is slowly dying. I don't like it. But dammit, I only have two paychecks a month to work with, and they aren't large....

When I started it up two nights ago, it idled kinda funny. Kinda like that 1243 firing order was off a *little* bit. When it was cold, anyway. And it idles at 1800 rpm - a tad fast. And it leaks a quarter sized blotch of oil a day where it used to be a dime. And, well, it just feels arthritic. It's as fast as ever and shifts as effortlessly as ever. I always forget how much fun this thing is to ride. And how good it looks sitting there hunkered over in the parking lot with the classic round headlight and four glistening pipes.

But it's feeling its age, it needs some loving I can't afford to give it right now, and it's sad when that happens. Oh, promises, promises...

No comments: