Monday, July 21, 2008

posting about posting

My posts are too long.  I can't seem to fix this.  Whenever I try to recount a serial experience from beginning to end, well, I recount it serially; and motorcycling is of is nature such a firestorm of sense experience that every sensation is labeled clearly in my memory; everything from the nasty butterfly that decorates my windshield five minutes from home, to the Old Dominion freight truck with the words "flash me" scrawled in the diesel crud on the trailer doors.  The slowly rotating boat propeller glistening ahead in the 2-second following distance; the young dentist hanging a pressed white broadcloth arm out the window of the nameless black SUV.

the world isn't big enough to hold it all....

1 comment:

LiLosSoljr said...

nothing wrong with long posts... most of the time i feel bad for posting something so short and insignificant...
i like reading your stories...