Friday, September 15, 2006

Binge posting is like binge drinking; never a good sign.

I have a quote sent to me by my favorite tutor hanging on the cork-board in front of me:

"His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork." - Mae West

Although I have no idea who Mae West is or her significance in history, I'm rather liking her blonde sense of humor right now.

Here's another gem, of an entirely different brand of humor:

"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend....if you have one." - George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second, if there is one." - Winston Churchill in response

Ah yes. Very swift.

Again, I have nothing charitable or intelligent or good to think or say, which is partly why I am copying the intelligent sayings of other people. At times like these the proper thing to do is take my hands off the keyboard and go to bed. To bed. And sleep.

...and sleep....

may the morning bring peace and refreshment to this soul, which does not really deserve it.

Damn, the 5-year-old in me has never really gone away, has he? I'd venture to guess that I behaved better at five too. At least according to my grandfather's video footage.

No comments: