Saturday, September 30, 2006

My connection is really slow today. I don't know why. Probably because I chose to get up at 9 am instead of 6 am, it's smoky overcast, and the entire world seems to have slowed to a crawl.

Reality is somehow grayer when I oversleep. I feel (somewhat) more rested, but that feeling is (somewhat) canceled out by the knowledge that I half my day is gone forever. Half my seminar reading, half my thesis work, half of jogging on deserted narrow roads through the cold SoCal dawn.

I'm sober, and calm. Object of the day is to complete Monday's Hegel and to ponder thesical things. A modest goal, but according to murphy's law, it may not be entirely achieveable.

The friend to whom I intend to sell my car showed up again today to discuss payment options. We decided that a 1/4 down payment with five payments after that would constitute a fair deal. He will make the down payment in November after I complete my MSF course, if he still wants to buy the car by then. Resident pessimist says that he will find something cheaper that he likes better by then, and I will pay over 200 dollars to get my motorcycle endorsement, for nothing.

2 comments:

Remey said...

I don't know why I only discovered your blog now. I swear I clicked on your Blogger username before...but nevermind.

I won't say this just to return the favour of you gracing your presence on my blog, but I honestly do appreciate your style of writing- even the random posts. Joyous, I have something new to peruse...

God bless,
Remey

tasik said...

You did click on my Blogger username before, and you found nothing, because my blog was unlisted up till a week ago. I tend to hide in the woodwork, for indeterminate reasons.

I'm glad you like it, and aren't repulsed by my occasional incoherent blatherings.

Take care,

Evan