Friday, November 17, 2006

I found her! I found her! And she's mine! (dreams do come true)

Not sure what to name her yet, but she's the same age I am, and purrs like a...cat. It's a Suzuki 1100 (yes, an 1100cc) seventy-four-thousand miles old, and has the well worn, well oiled feel of an old leather boot. It's faded metallic red, all the pipes and metal glowing in sheer mechanical beauty. Not a spot of rust (except maybe under the exhaust pipes somewhere) And because it has a real engine, I can feel the exhaust note in my chest (crazy grin).

I drove her into town this morning to fill her up with gas. It was a beautiful experience, the cold wind pressing my jacket and visor, the blue shadow blur EVERYWHERE, the engine gently warm against my knees and seat, the exhaust grrrrrrsnaprrraprrrring to itself.

I'm in love.

I can't go on about it, because it's lunchtime, but pics are coming soon, I promise....)

1 comment:

Remey said...

Nice...do post pics- and Suzi is a lovely name.