Thursday, October 25, 2007

I am making an insurance claim. The damage was more than just cosmetic; the radiator isn't just dented, its shifted and brackets are bent. My fragile eggshell of a bikini fairing didn't protect much of anything.

And it could stand to lose the scratches, too.

The representative will be by, this afternoon. Here at work. He will look at the bike and tell me what to do.

I'm scared. I've never made a claim before. All I can think of to protect myself from the evil insurance company who wishes to cheat me out of my hard earned premiums is to take pictures of everything. But I've already done that....

2 comments:

LiLosSoljr said...

hey don't worry...i've done the insurance thing twice now. just make sure you write everything down and get copies of all documentation and people's full names and extentions and it will be fine.
i'm still telling everyone about our ride. i think my limited number of friends out here are going to get tired of hearing about it... thank you!

tasik said...

dude, the ride was awesome. I love random two-wheeling.

And I think I'm going to cancel the claim on Monday. I realized after I made the phone calls that I carry a $500 deductible, the damage will probably cost about that to fix, so it will be a bunch of paper work for nothing. I'm not in a financial situation right now to afford that. Also I have a routine $650 valve adjustment service coming up...