Monday, December 10, 2007

So I have the opportunity to buy a 1976 BMW 2002 for cheap.

But my finances are such right now that I'd have to sell Suzi to do it.

They'd be about equally expensive to, ehem, fix up. Suzi would be a couple hundred cheaper, I'm guessing.

I'm not sure if I'm quite ready to own a four-wheeled vehicle again.

Not sure. But I must admit to myself that over the last couple of months I would not have been able to do without my roommate's car. A 3-drawer plastic cabinet simply cannot be strapped to a motorcycle. On the other hand I'm not buying 3-drawer plastic cabinets all the time. Additionally, Suzi costs me nothing to keep (insurance $23 a year), whereas this car would cost insurance just sitting there. I can begin work on her whenenver I have the money. On the other hand a car would be nice in the rain. On the other hand I harbor dreams of riding an old motorcycle across the country. On the other hand I could just as easily harbor dreams of riding an old BMW car across country - OH and it would SAVE ME MONEY ON MOTELS because I could SLEEP IN IT!!! On the other hand, cars are by definition bottomless pits of money, on the other hand motorcycles are only half of bottomless pits of money. Cars have an electrical system. BMW's have a crappy electrical system. Oh wait, Suzuki used Lucas electronics on its motorbikes so Suzi has an even worse electrical system. On the other hand the BMW electrical system is bigger and more complicated. On the other hand...oh help.

*pain and agony*

2 comments:

LiLosSoljr said...

is this da's car? it is a very appealing prospect - bmw is hard to pass up...

tasik said...

yup.

sigh....