Sunday, January 06, 2008

Milestone

The Blue Wedgie Thing ticked over 15,000 miles today. The digital display blinked over in the gray light and water drops of a rainstorm over the 210 Freeway.

15,000 miles on a motorcycle is like, oh, 40,000 miles on a car, or whatever magic number it is in the automotive world when a vehicle goes from "new" to "used". Whatever mileage it is that's right after the first major service. So now I own a used bike. Another used bike.

Well, that's ok, because it has scratches on the side from being blown over in the wind, it has a couple of modifications that I have no intention of reverting and I intend to make more when I have money. And besides it's just a good kind of bike to own because it can do everything. It's gone across the country, it's scrabbled up horseback riding trails, it's forded streams and I ride it back and forth to work every day, rain and shine. It shields me from the pains of having to spend money on gas and insurance, and it's pretty to look at.

And it's still almost new.


2 comments:

Kakashi said...

Blue wedgie thing? Ouch.

tasik said...

Please.