Tuesday, March 18, 2008

leave the keys in my pocket and the handkerchief in the wind, the glow from the screen lights up the map.  Arteries, networks of veins in blue and green and dotted gray cover the wrinkled old skin.  Grass shows in the holes, the creases have been folded too many times over; young green blades of grass.  An ant crawls across my pants leg.  I like ants.  They work a lot.  Work is good. Very good.  But now the sun has set, and it is time to move inside.

To move, to travel is inherently unnatural to man.  To seek travel is unnatural. To travel for its own sake, that journeying we sing of and speak of with envy and shyness.  No, man was made to work, and from work comes possession, whether of land or of goods.  And land and goods imply stability, staying in one place, living and dying in one place with one's work and one's lands.

Goods, possessions drag man down, anchor him to one spot, prevent him from moving about.

Linear motion and circular motion; both species of motion; circular appeals to the infinite in man; linear to the finite.  Man is both finite and infinite, and is capable of travel both in straight lines and in circles.  To travel for its own sake is to travel in a circle; to travel for the sake of another end is to travel in a line with a beginning, a middle and an end.  Man is incapable of circular motion purely and simply speaking; whether he will or no he is either developing virtues or vices and no life activity is apart from this development.  All actions are moral actions.  All growth is linear motion, rest bounds growth and is circular.

I think that is a live freaking moth up there.  Why is there a moth in my tent.  WHY IS THERE A MOTH IN MY TENT I can't sleep with insects on my face and I take care to insure that there are no bugs in my tent before I go to sleep

this is why I don't camp

cheapass

oh, and you contradicted yourself about circular motion

shut up

No comments: