Monday, October 09, 2006

I need to find a good motorcycle helmet and appropriate armor. Was planning on heading down to CalCoast Motorsports this afternoon to check out such. I'm really on the fence about colors. My favorite color is glowing blood-red, but flame orange or yellow is going to be more visible, and therefore more safe. Is my vanity a worthy tradeoff for safety? Do I really care?

This is SoCal, remember. There are more cars than people and more people than roadspace.

But yellow is such a painful color...

4 comments:

Remey said...

I know what you mean about the trade-off thing.

I'd go with the flame orange; yellow seems a bit much. And what are the odds of being safer with yellow rather than flame orange? Sacrificing for safety is inevitable for the wise, but in this case, you don't absolutely have to have the yellow- provided you have a good choice of colours.

Yellows're for those taxi cabs...

-Remey

Adeoamata said...

Do you really have a motorcycle?
- E.T. of the 3rd figure syllogism

(And nevermind about the comment on Em's blog... I had your mixed up with someone else's, which seems to have been replaced with a rather objectionable page.)

tasik said...

Not yet.

But soon, soon. Like November.

Anonymous said...

Color depends on the bike: yellow Harley, NO WAY! Yellow superbike,...I like it.