Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I will welcome the rain, the cold, anything to wash down this convulsed atmosphere. Rain will melt the edges, slick the rough surfaces, calm the hurricane and maybe even bring my appetite back.

Okay, that was random.

I'm still watching the craigslist parade, watching and waiting for that perfect deal on a mid-80's Suzuki 500cc naked-frame. Less-than-perfect options march by, an '89 Honda CBR F1 that's been lowsided and has 51,000 miles, an '82 Honda 550 that's hardly been ridden, sundry and divers 250's, and then there was that '83 GS1100E that Howdy had. I was a bit taken with it, actually. In spite of it's wretched-excess bulging-valve-covers four cylinder massiveness and expected 35 mpg, it was clean, a burnt-orange color, and looked pretty damn comfortable. I wouldn't mind putting away a few freeway miles astride that beast. The question is, would I mind filling up as often as your average Geo Metro driver....

But I'm getting impatient now. I have a thesis to work on, and I don't have the time to always have motorcycle shopping in the back of my head. I just want to get a bike and a cover and luggage and park it and not think about it. I need to think about other more important things.

3 comments:

Remey said...

At least you're at peace with the rain.

Okay, so it isn't all that bad and I really don't have a legit reason to have anything against it, but when times are down for me, a clouded sky just accenuates that dim feeling.

I too have had stuff on my mind that I just want to settle and put away so I can focus on the current priorities. Gosh, it's irritating.

Jessica said...

...if you're thinking about the bike this much NOT having it, think about how much you'll think about having it parked and ready to use. ;)

tasik said...

Actually...fair enough.