Monday, September 17, 2007

I found a few new Kaplansky songs online and am listening to them. Listening to Lucy Kaplansky makes me want to learn to play the guitar and sit out under the stars and sing grimly romantic songs.

Suzi was idling strangely on the way home from work. You know when a friend hollers something up the stairs they would never say: that's what the idle burble sounded like. I thought to myself, peering under the tank at a stoplight about to turn green: crap now what fell apart in there. I revved the motor expecting a clatter.

Got to adjust those valves and sync those carbs, or stop riding the friggin' thing, one of the two.

The burble went away. Maybe dirt in the fuel.

Today was Monday and it should have been a bad day. In fact it was a bad day except I insulated myself from it by playing hooky from the office and getting myselif all green and grimy mowing wet grass. Gosh I don't want to talk to anyone anymore.

And I need to find a permanent pillion. Oh no, wait - girlfriends mean responsibilities and junk like that. I'm not there, simply not there yet. "I never thought I'd end up here - guess all the best things disappear..." I like seeing the world on my own two wheels with nobody to screw up the balance, I hate seeing the word only through my own two eyes, I like seeing the world with nobody to answer to, I hate seeing the world with no one to give it to, I like seeing the world with nobody to whack their faceshield on the backside of my helmet everytiime I shift, I hate seeing the world with no one to take pictures of standing next to it..."I'm falling like a leaf from the family tree / don't need you the way you need me"...."remembering a song from long ago, it's round and round that's the way things go / way things go / way things go..." (guitar lick)

You get what you pay for...reap what you sow...what goes around comes around...we clutch at a home or a job to get us some security but the whirlwhind of consequences grapples and drags us and sweeps us along its hellbent path...

No comments: