Saturday, September 15, 2007


I just got to ride a fast Italian piece of machinery.

It was a Ducati Monster 900 with Staintune duals. My gosh, what a redefinition of "v-twin exhaust note". What a redefinition of v-twin, period! Now I know what a v-twin with character is like, and my Blue Wedgie Thing is not such an one. By comparison it sounds like it's shouting through handkerchief on hard throttle, whereas this Staintuned Duke had a seriously open throated, healthy blatter.

That exhaust note hurt my chest, and was turning heads all the way down the block.

I felt like I had stolen a Ferrari and gotten away with it. It was awesome. Everything about the machine from the dry racing clutch to the spot neutral steering felt exotic.

My apologies to all Ojai denizens who were extremely annoyed by the inconsiderate jerkface crawling down the street at 15 mph blipping the throttle and rattling their superfood drinks. But he was having fun. I don't think any motorcycle has put such a smile on my face since I bought Suzi, which would be about ten months ago.

No comments: