Saturday, September 01, 2007

It was spotted with hard water stains, but cleaner than when I brought it in.

The blue Zuk was parked in the shade over next to the building. I walked over, swung into the saddle and sat there staring at the blank LCD instrument panel. As much as I enjoy driving Suzi back and forth to work, the thought of combustion leaking through a broken head gasket and a trail of oil drops along the way makes me squirm.

A switch of the key, thumb of the button and the V-twin is chugging at 1200 rpm. Sounds the same it always has. Let's see, the invoice here says...filter element, 10w40 - good, NGK plugs - good...and three hours of time for a total of 200 bucks. Not great, but acceptable. This is reality, after all. Tapping with the hammer is one thing, but knowing where to tap costs about 80 dollars an hour these days. I should be a motorcycle mechanic.

No comments: