Tuesday, February 05, 2008

When we left each other the first time it was like the world was coming to an end.  Now we're all grown up, full of our own goals and our own worries, and the departure is met with just a half smile and words about the next destination in life.  I tell myself it doesn't hurt nearly as bad because I'm old enough not to care.  But its a lie.  One is never old enough not to care, never stoic enough not to cry inside as the little car rolls off forever with those familiar faces 


now you dream only in peaceful blue /
the morning doesn't even scare you /
anymore /
you are phoenix with your feathers just a little wet /
baby the ashes just look pretty on your eyes /

dry your wings in the sun /
you've only begun to understand /
when its time to move on /
there is no one to hold your hand /
so let go /
let go /
let go /

Deb Talan, Ashes on Your Eyes

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i never knew you were so poetic, my friend...

tasik said...

oh, I'm not a poet - just good at cutting and pasting other people's poetry...

Emily said...

Well, at least you remember it enough to think of it when it applies. That in itself is a poetic trait.

mags said...

Seriously. I just go to my room and have a good cry. I don't have the finesse to think/remember beautiful thoughts instead.