Sunday, December 31, 2006

39 degrees O.A.T minus 70 mph wind chill. Anybody got numbers on that? (My stiff fingers tell me about 15 degrees).

All I can say is, a turtleneck, polyester fleece, lined cordura jacket, and a plastic armor vest are NOT NEARLY enough to keep core body temperatures from dropping to the convulsive-shiver point. (Adeomata, maybe you have some interesting analytical observations to make on the human body's response to windblast? or are you that far yet?)

An hour afterwards I was still shivering, though somewhat less convulsively.

(See, I had a courier run to make today at an inconvenient time making it necessary for me to alter my travel plans ahead a few hours. It was FREAKING COLD! (something in the nature of the human response to cold makes it necessary for me to state that in capital letters)

So, now I have an empty motorcycle, and a seriously overdrawn checking account. I tried at the gas station but they refused my debit card.

Looks like I'm holding still for a while. And given that it's still very cold outside, perhaps that is a good thing - I won't catch pneumonia.

4 comments:

Adeoamata said...

No idea.

Jessica said...

...empty motorcycle and an overdrawn bank account...desperation in the making? :-p

Switched blogs too btw; you can find the new one in my profile if you so desire.

tasik said...

Oh, no. Just a rite of passage in the life of a strapped college student...a chance to find out who my friends really are...

Adeoamata said...

I see you at the "online TAC commons" :o) (unless its another of the same name)