Sunday, December 17, 2006

Alone, in the dark, but with a means of escape: a blazing fire, fake cocoa, and Brothers Karamazov.

I love Russian writers. And musicians.

I'm going to go wander back down to my dorm and call my parents before it gets too late. "Mom, Dad, I got through finals week and I'm ok. Sitting by myself down here. Work starts tomorrow. Yeah, I'll be busy. Maybe going to San Diego for Christmas. How cold is it? Really? Brrrrr. I'm going to go drink hot water with cocoa-flavored sugar mixed in with it and read stories about Russians before I go to bed. Yeah, sounds good. Talk to you later. Love you. Bye."

Shouldn't take me more than five minutes.

10 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so glad I'm not your mother, tallman. Just one kid like you would be enough to send me to the looney bin.

tasik said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tasik said...

Errghhm. Ah, yes. But you will never have a kid like me, so you need not worry. And the phone conversation actually lasted two hours. My poor mother had no one to talk to and my little brother has been causing trouble. Now I am worried, but can't do a hell of a lot about it.

Adeoamata said...

"you will never have a kid like me, so you need not worry"

How do you know that?

(A girl's second greatest fear- that her children will have temperments totally unlike her own...Superceded only by the fear that she'll have children just like herself.)

tasik said...

I really don't. But given em's circumstances, I think it HIGHLY unlikely.

Noli said...

I'm glad you love the Russians :) Brothers K is going well, then? (Did you need the book, btw?)
And I envy you the fire. I don't really understand why you, in that particular area of the country, get a fire, while I, in a much colder area, don't...but oh well. I don't envy you the hot cocoa flavored sugar water.

tasik said...

I didn't need the book as I got to the bookstore in time, and the one they sell in there is the same edition.

But, I'm reading yours, anyway.

I get a fireplace because I'm special, why else? I'll post a few pics soon.

Adeoamata said...

Who else is on campus? (descriptions might be better to list than names...)

Emily said...

Glad to hear you talked to your mother for longer than five minutes. Praying for the little brother situation. You know, you are not a fraction as independent and removed as you fancy yourself to be. You say these things, tossing them off like you don't care, but you do, and I found that out a looooong time ago. Maybe what would drive me nuts is a child who actually was what you sometimes think yourself to be. :)

tasik said...

The family on my mother's side is a strong one :)