Thursday, December 14, 2006

One more final to go, one more afternoon submerged in Aristotle. I hope the snorkel doesn't leak.

I had Suzi's brake lights fixed on Tuesday, coinciding with my second and final payment on the bike. She's all mine now, and even better, people can tell when I'm stopping. The brake light wasn't entirely awol before, but required absurd amounts of pressure to click into life, and thus only useful by squeezing the brakes gorilla-fashion when stopped. Did no good for the crucial slowing-down part.

But now it's all fine and properly touchy. Now I need to be disciplined about keeping my right toe from creeping foward off the peg and onto the rear brake lever, so I don't say "stop" when I'm not stopping. But that shouldn't be too hard.

Okay. Aristotle. (pushes chair back from desk) Let's do it.

No comments: