Thursday, December 21, 2006

"and if today I heard she was in trouble or needed me or if there was anything I could do I would do everything I could to help her. She doesn't even know me." Straight brown hair pulled back into a ponytail, the clearest hazel eyes in a sharp German face. Quiet, so quiet. An animal inside those eyes, patiently awaiting independence and and the patience is wearing thin. And when it breaks out no one will stop it. This house of cards will crumble before it.

I listen to the footsteps of the wolf. I can't get up, I don't want to get up. I am welded to her eyes and the goodness I want to be there. Her beautiful hazel eyes. It's a complete...

"Enough! Enough with the hazel eyes shit already! You gonna fight, or you gonna sit there and let me drink your blood?!"

...complete construct. It isn't real. The eyes aren't real. I made it all up. I'm in love with a fake. The hell with the hazel eyes. But they will never go away, they always circle back and haunt me, with the wolf. She goes hunting with the wolf.

But the wolf is real.

snarl

I roll over with my fists clamped to my ears. "There isn't...won't be any blood left for you to feed on, you cursed. Do you know where I am? Do you know where I'm going to be? I'm going so far away you'll never be able to find me. I'm going to go so fast, you'll never be able to catch me..."

The wolf crouches slowly, sheer contempt in its orange eyes. It knows, as I know, that I will never go so far, never go so fast, never hide so well that it and she, both of them, will never circle round to find me and hold my face to a broken memory like broken glass. If I heard she was in trouble I would do everything to help her...

No comments: